Sunday, November 14, 2010

Episode 35: Fall Clearance Sale

Ira and crew had a good idea with this one- no real theme to the episode, just random stories.

They were all pretty good ( including short stories by Scott Carrier, who wrote the story about running after antelopes in an earlier episode, comments on zooaphilia (yeah, that could get awkward...) and about a guitarist and how he learned to play), but Mr. Sedaris managed to steal the show, in my opinion.


David Sedaris reads a story from his book "Naked" about spending time at a nudist camp (they don't call them colonies anymore, the staff explains to him), and he even gets his sister Amy in on the act, as she voices the female characters throughout. I have read a bit of Sedaris' work and find myself laughing often, but there is just something about being able to put his reading voice to the stories on the page that just makes them that touch more entertaining. All I have to say is I can't wait to get to the "Very Sedaris Christmas" episodes down the road- and I'll leave you with the reading suggestion of "Holiday on Ice", if only to read his thoughts on working at Macy's as a elf for a holiday season.

I'm aware that just got rambling, but David Sedaris is the real deal- trust me on that one.



No comments:

Post a Comment