Monday, September 20, 2010

Episode 1: "New Beginnings"

Originally broadcast 11/17/1995

 So we start from the best place to start: the beginning.

This was the first listen from anything from the first year of the show. I wouldn't rank it one of my favorites but the more dramatic stories (the moments which Ira isn't talking- sorry dude, but you don't ever seem to shut it on the first go round) are somewhat bleak yet inspiring.

Besides the actual stories, the best part probably had to be the interview with Mrs. Glass. Between the talk of Ira looking like Hugh Grant and how she's already had an interview that day with a newspaper, it's just entertaining. Bringing the fam into the fold is one of my favorite things throughout the series.

Alas, I don't want to sound like I'm hating on the first go round,but hey, it was the start of something new- of course it would take time to work it out.  But can we PLEASE stop saying "your radio playhouse"?
Thanks.

On to episode 2....I know they'll get better, as will my thoughts reflecting on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment